Welcome to the Bella Signature Design Blog!

We are so happy that you came to visit our blog! Bella Signature Design focuses on creating a custom, stylish event that is highly personal, with details that synergistically come together to create an atmosphere that is a direct reflection of you. My passion, as a designer, is to infuse your event with all the little things that speak to who you are, and to share that with your guests in a stylish, unexpected way. Our blog will be changing in the next few weeks to reflect our vision and our passion, so hang on for the ride and enjoy!

Feel free to peruse the posts, look in our archives for some great advice and be sure to leave comments on what you like. We love hearing from you!

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Designer wear

The Importance of Dressing Well…as a Designer!

As a designer, I feel it’s extremely important to represent myself as an artistic-minded, well put together person. In other words, you won’t see me at the park in my pajama bottoms and college sweatshirt. I am a designer – I dress myself as such whenever I can! This doesn't mean I only wear the most expensive or well known brands - hip style comes from putting together great ensembles, whether they be from Target or Sak's (or even better, a combination!) I don't know how many times I've worn a simple (but fabulous fitting) Target dress in well-made fabric and accessorized it with a great Missoni scarf and gotten compliments all day long. Just like flowers, it's not always what you use, but how you use it. The key is to find something that fits you very, very well and is made out of good fabric.

That being said, it's great to have a great wardrobe, and owning things from your favorite designers makes dressing the part that much easier. I attend several industry functions a year, near and far, and I always wear one of my favorite designers, Michelle Jonas. Love Love Love her designs! Michelle Jonas launched her collection in 2005, and quickly it became a wardrobe staple among jetsetters and A-listers, including Angelina Jolie, Jennifer Lopez, Heather Graham, Britney Spears, Brooke Shields, Pink, Paris Hilton, Heather Locklear and Jessica Simpson. And while I might not look exactly like those superstars (ahem) look in her clothes, they make me feel fabulous and look pretty darn good.

Michelle Jonas currently uses only two fabrications: Gauze and Micromodal/Lycra jersey for the entire collection, which encompasses 20-30 basic styles. The core collection, which entails the classic styles and a few new fashion forward styles added each season, is sold year round with a changing color palette each season to keep it fresh.

Angelina Jolie in Michelle Jonas Gauze dress
The collection is unique, because it is season-less. Due to the nature of the fabric and the silhouettes, each design can be worn year round by layering and accessorizing. I personally wear Michelle 's designs because they are sexy, comfortable, don't wrinkle, and can be worn for almost any type of event – Michelle’s designs are absolutely the best for travel and flattering for every body type! Her Jersey dresses feel like a comfy t-shirt, yet are super flattering, and I own her gauze pants in at least 4 different colors - even Marcy Blum asked me about Michelle's pants at the most recent Engage09 The Encore!
Ashley Tisdale in white Michelle Jonas pants, via blueheavenboutique.com

And no, I didn't get paid to write this post, or get any clothing as a result, just love to share good finds!

Accessorizing with a fantastic piece of jewelry (ahem…Tiffany’s or Van Cleef and Arpel's) or some sleek stilettos from Diane Von Furstenburg offers great textures to Michelle’s designs. Did I mention I love textures? Yep…that’s an entirely separate blog…

Daniela

0 comments: