Welcome to the Bella Signature Design Blog!

We are so happy that you came to visit our blog! Bella Signature Design focuses on creating a custom, stylish event that is highly personal, with details that synergistically come together to create an atmosphere that is a direct reflection of you. My passion, as a designer, is to infuse your event with all the little things that speak to who you are, and to share that with your guests in a stylish, unexpected way. Our blog will be changing in the next few weeks to reflect our vision and our passion, so hang on for the ride and enjoy!

Feel free to peruse the posts, look in our archives for some great advice and be sure to leave comments on what you like. We love hearing from you!

Monday, September 29, 2008

Covet Mondays: Boring Sydney Millinery

I am a sucker for anything that is truly couture, especially if it is also actually wearable. Now, of course "couture" has become a word that is loosely thrown around. At Bella, we have long used "Couture Floral" in our media, since everything we create is made-to order, custom for each event - no packages, no list to choose from - every detail, down to the ribbon treatment and use of beading from the brides gown on her bouquet is custom...but I digress! (I just despise when floral designers who have pre-designed arrangements and ftd samples call themselves couture - it happens!)

In any case, I stumbled upon local "Boring Sydney's" creations and instantly thought, "This is true couture." A quote from her etsy profile reads "True millinery; hand blocking, creating hat blocks, steaming and building buckram frames is almost a lost art, having apprenticed under a master milliner in the theatre I was lucky enough to learn old world millinery techniques and acquire vintage hat blocks, trims, and fabrics."

Belle both creates finished designs from vintage and self-designed patterns, as well as making custom, couture creations - the old fashioned way. I can't even imagine the work that goes into these! I would love to see one of her designs on a fashion forward bride looking for some unconventional glamour...
I love finding great artists on etsy - and even more when they are local here to Seattle! Thanks, Belle, for your gorgeous creations...I personally covet the black hat - YUM! I want to wear that THIS WINTER!! If I was a bride, I would love the feathery floral headpieces.

0 comments: