Welcome to the Bella Signature Design Blog!

We are so happy that you came to visit our blog! Bella Signature Design focuses on creating a custom, stylish event that is highly personal, with details that synergistically come together to create an atmosphere that is a direct reflection of you. My passion, as a designer, is to infuse your event with all the little things that speak to who you are, and to share that with your guests in a stylish, unexpected way. Our blog will be changing in the next few weeks to reflect our vision and our passion, so hang on for the ride and enjoy!

Feel free to peruse the posts, look in our archives for some great advice and be sure to leave comments on what you like. We love hearing from you!

Thursday, October 8, 2009

A few of my Favorite Things....


It’s no secret I’m in totally gaga for pretty things in all shapes, sizes and material! Being a wedding and event designer, it’s important to find high quality products that not only represent me as a person and designer, but fit every aspect of my designs – my brides & grooms – or that lush, swanky party I’m hired to design. There are a few things I’m totally loving right now – and by ‘totally loving’ I mean, texting my assistant immediately to order large quantities!

Ok
, so these are a few of my favorite things (yep…insert humming here and singing if you prefer…) – first on my Absolutely Fabulous list is (drumroll…) Rosanna Inc. located in Seattle. They create beautiful tableware for every occasion...and we have been using Rosanna as our gift-giving source and recommendations to brides and grooms. (so if you are nice to us you may just get a fab Rosanna present in the mail...)
Every pre-wed couple does the popular china-picking-out Saturday where they spend a glorious day at Pottery Barn with that silly tool you get when you register for gifts – you know, the one that you scan over the plate or saucer and it tracks it to your registry? WELL, that Saturday just got a little sweeter for upcoming married folk with Rosanna Inc. inserted into the plan! Chic, modern and local to Seattleites –their press says it all (but they DO ship anywhere and have quite the national following!). Superior quality, fabulous colors and trendy designs? And the added bonus of not having the exact same set of Pottery Barn dishes that every couple in your supper club has? Seems like a no-brainer to us! Check out their site – you won’t be disappointed! At this very moment, I’m drooling over the Rocco Noir Pedestal; Like a better-than-basic black dress, this collection steps right out off the runway in the strongest color of the season. Reminiscent of the exuberant style of the mid-18th century, it sets the stage for accessorizing with gold, silver, platinum, white -- or anything you please.

Alright – moving right along…second favorite are the perfectly delicious votives from glassy baby, another Seattle business. We did a blog post on these artful vessels over a year ago on this blog (glassybaby post) and LOVE them. (especially chartreuse, orange and gray. Ahem.)
Their colors are downright scrumptious! Bella Signature uses glassy baby candle votives for many of our exquisite events. Hand-blown glass and very heavy, elegant quality, glassy baby is a must for every bridal registry(YES, you can register!! I have registered for my favorite colors!!) . Glassybaby are made through a multi-layered glass-blowing process and their color comes from different shaded color rods to produce a mix of opaque, translucent, and deeply colored glasses. This method creates a thick, strong piece of glass that has many functions and uses. And the story behind them makes them that much sweeter (go to their website to read!!)


image from lovely little things


And last but not least favorite by any means, my 3rd favorite of the day – a swank chartreuse and black apron ordered directly from a fantastic Etsy artist. When I’m knee deep in design mode, I often find myself scrambling for every little utensil or pin or glue or you name it! So, it occurred to me that I needed a tool belt of sorts BUT it had to look great too. Check out construction for all and see what I’m talking about – the sweetest little all-utility chic apron I’ve ever seen. I’m totally in love with this little piece! Pick your own fabric and the artist does the rest.


Ahhhh….life’s little pleasures (online shopping…). Keep your eye open for exciting changes to Bella Signature and the almost new “addition” Bloom by Bella!

1 comments:

seattle hotels October 12, 2009 at 10:47 AM  

Really enjoyed reading your blog post. I will have to bookmark your site for later.